Effective Website Company Traits
For most people, the thought of creating a website can be daunting. The tricky part is finding a website company that suits your specific needs. We are going to talk about some things to consider when you feel it’s time to stroll down this scary, but exciting path. A professional website company must have creative talent, coding brain power, writing skills, communications experience and competitive pricing. Here’s the breakdown:
1. Do they have the creative talent needed to shape your idea into a design? As you can see, a website consists of more than just words on a page. Some of the first things we see when we visit a website are the images and graphics. The company needs to be able to paint a picture of what your brand symbolizes. If these features are in poor taste, your client won’t take you seriously as a potential resource.
2. Do they have the brain power to take the design and put it into coding? Captivating images and graphics are great, but only if your target audience is able to view them. This is where the web developer comes into play. Fast loading time, search engine optimization and compatibility with multiple platforms are all things to bear in mind.
3. Do they have the writing skills needed to populate your website with relevant content? After your audience looks at your images, the next thing they will do is read the information they’re seeking. Properly written and correct information is key. Also, the use of proper key terms is crucial to help your website appear on searches by users.
4. Do they have the communications experience needed to put your brand on the map? The company should have familiarity in all forms of online communication and be able to direct you in the right place to further your interaction with your clients. Social media should be tied in to your web presence.
5. Do they offer competitive pricing you can afford? This is usually the sensitive subject nobody likes to talk about. Having a well-developed website is imperative because in many cases, it will be the first impression your potential customer will have of your company. You want the service to be well-priced for what is being provided. Remember, this all means nothing if you and the website developing company can’t come to an agreed-on price.
Here at Different Perspective, we pride ourselves in being committed to giving our clients the best and that entails having dedicated specialists excelling in each of these categories. Check out some our clients’ responsive websites that were proudly designed by Different Perspective: Sprinkler Repair, The Orlando Philharmonic, IBA Express and of course, our own. If something intrigues you, feel free to contact us to see how we can help you and your website needs.
Hopefully this has given you some insight on how to choose the right company to create your new website. Once you’ve chosen the website company and are ready to insert content, refer to our content strategy vlog to guide you.
Breathe easy, and carry on.