How motion graphic videos can step up your B2B digital marketing strategy
Learn about this type of video that is an exceptional tool for lead generation and brand awareness
Considering nine out of 10 people want to see more videos from brands this year, video content should be a key element in every business-to-business (B2B) organization’s marketing strategy in 2023 and beyond. 
Motion graphics are a simpler yet effective type of video that’s often overlooked by brands, but are increasing in popularity due to its visual appeal and ability to communicate key messages to audiences.
Keep reading to learn all about motion graphic videos to determine how to use them in your marketing efforts moving forward.
What is a motion graphic video?
A motion graphic video animates graphic elements—text, logos, icons—in a creative way that helps tell your story in a more engaging way than a static image.
They can be as simple as a GIF (like the example below) or more complex like an explainer video, which we’ll explain more below.
We shared this motion graphic video on our social media profiles during the holidays last year.
You can view the animated GIF on our Facebook post here.
What are the different types of motion graphics videos?
There are a few different types of motion graphic videos, with the most prevalent ones being:
- GIFs: Likely the most common type that you’ve come across before, GIFs are a series of animated image frames that often play automatically for viewers.
- Cinemagraphs: A relatively new format, cinemagraphs initially appear as a static image, but actually have small elements that subtly move. They are often used by business-to-consumer (B2C) companies like clothing or food brands.
- Explainer videos: Especially popular within the B2B industry, explainer videos use animated graphics and text to explain an often complex service or product to the audience.
We created an explainer video for our client X-MAT and embedded it on this page of their website to simplify the complexity of their products for visitors.
Where can motion graphic videos be utilized?
There are many ways that your B2B company can use motion graphic videos in your marketing efforts. Some of the most common ways are:
- Sharing on your social media profiles
- On your website’s home page or a specific services page
- In presentations at trade shows, events, or sales pitches
- Through email marketing campaigns
Why should you use motion graphic videos?
B2B organizations can benefit from the following by using motion graphic videos in their marketing efforts:
- Boosted engagement: When using motion graphics on social media, you’ll be rewarded with increased engagement and visibility on many social media platforms. On LinkedIn, the most effective social media platform for B2B marketing, people are 20 times more likely to share a video than any other type of post. 
- Increased brand awareness: Motion graphics are a great way to bring attention to your brand in a modern and engaging way for your target audiences, including prospective clients.
- Improved SEO: Search engines like Google actually boost rankings for websites with video content, so including a motion graphic like an explainer video can help improve your visibility and rankings on search engine results pages.
- Support sales efforts: When specifically discussing explainer videos, motion graphics are a great way to draw attention and more clearly communicate your offerings to your leads. In fact, 87% of marketers report feeling that video has a direct impact on the success of their sales efforts. 
Interested in tapping into the potential of motion graphic videos?
At Different Perspective, our expert team of digital marketers, graphic designers, and animators are well-equipped to combine their talents into visually appealing and engaging motion graphic videos for our clients.
Whether you’re interested in a branded GIF or an in-depth explainer video, we’re here to help turn your vision into reality by implementing motion graphics on your social media, email, and website through our creative services and ongoing agency support.
Ready to add a creative flare to your marketing strategy?
Get in touch with our expert team today.