Learn how to grow your business with our free downloadable internal marketing audit checklist
When was the last time you took a step back from your business to look at the bigger picture? What’s working? What’s not? What new strategies do you want to implement moving forward?
As an entrepreneur or business owner, it’s all too easy to spend so much time working IN your business that you forget to invest time working ON your business.
An essential component of assessing your business is taking stock of how your company’s marketing strategies are performing. There’s no better time than the present to get started — it’s worth it, trust us!
We’ve created our free internal marketing audit checklist to help you discover what your business needs to continue to thrive and grow. We’ve divided the checklist into four sections: Branding and Design, Website, Digital Marketing Strategy, and Sales.
Continue reading to learn the questions you need to ask yourself to keep your marketing efforts on track, plus find a downloadable version of the checklist to print and use as needed!
Branding and Design
- Is my logo up to date and relevant? Does it represent my company today?
- Is my company story told effectively?
- Do I have a clear vision, mission and value statements for my company?
- Does my ‘brand voice’ effectively talk to my target audience?
- Are my marketing materials up to date?
- Are my marketing and corporate communications materials consistent with my business identity, and immediately recognizable as belonging to my business?
- Is my corporate or brand image consistent with my product or service in the eyes of my customers?
- Do I actively manage my brand, product or corporate identity?
- Is now a good time for me to reposition my company’s brand?
- Is my company website design up to date and relevant? Does it represent my company today?
- Is my website content and contact information up to date?
- Can prospective clients easily find the information they are looking for?
- Does it include my most recent services and products?
- Do I know what I want prospective clients to do when they visit my website?
- Does the website have clear CTAs (call to actions)?
- Do I have up-to-date pictures of my office or team members on my website?
- Is there any social proof, customer testimonials or success stories on my website?
- Is my company website responsive? Is it optimized to fit all screen sizes including tablets and phones? Does it work across different browsers?
- Do I have links to my company’s social media pages on my website?
- Do I have a blog on my website? If so, do I frequently publish blogs that are high quality and relevant to my customers?
- Does my website have a backend content management system that allows me to update text and images without outside help?
- Is Google Analytics installed on my website? Do I have access?
- Is my website generating leads?
- Is my website secure?
- Does my website load within a couple of seconds?
- Did my business outgrow my template website?
Digital Marketing Strategy
- Do I have a digital marketing strategy? If so, is it working effectively?
- How much did I invest in digital marketing in the past 12 months?
- Did I keep track of the results?
- Do I have a content strategy? Is my company producing and sharing online articles, blogs, videos, case studies, eBooks, etc?
- Do I have an email marketing strategy? Do I have a method of collecting emails to fill my subscriber list?
- Do I need more leads and customers coming to me via the web? Have I tried pay-per-click campaigns or social media advertising as part of my marketing campaigns?
- Are people finding me on Google and other search engines?
- Does my company have a social media presence? Is the information up to date?
- Is there relevant and consistent content being shared on my company’s social media channels?
- Am I responding to inquiries and interacting with people that like or follow my pages? Are they engaging with my business?
- Is my company information up-to-date on all online listings like Google My Business, Bing, Yelp, etc.?
- Does my business have online reviews? How’s my online reputation?
- Can people find my business online when looking for the type of service or product I offer?
- Does my sales team have everything they need to effectively sell my company’s products and services?
- Are my referral partners equipped with what they need to send me clients?
- Am I participating in conferences and tradeshows? If so, do I have all the marketing materials I need to stand out?
- What USPs (unique selling propositions) help me stand out in my marketplace?
- Do I know where my business gets most of its leads?
- Do I have a referral or loyalty program in place?
- How fast are the leads being answered?
Get your downloadable version of our Internal Marketing Audit Checklist here.
Feel free to print it out and use it for reference to help keep your marketing efforts on track.
Don’t just go with the flow!
Take the time to evaluate if your branding, marketing and sales efforts are supporting your business’s goals. Use our internal marketing audit checklist to hit the ground running by identifying where you need to make improvements to your marketing strategy. Now is a great time to take a fresh look at your business and put new ideas into action!
Still have marketing audit questions?
At Different Perspective, we help growing businesses establish brand authority, strengthen lasting relationships, and generate leads through our comprehensive digital marketing solutions.
Ready to get started?