When was the last time you performed a marketing audit on your business?
Most of us, entrepreneurs and business owners, are spending too much time working IN the business that sometimes we forget we must work ON the business for it to grow and thrive. Now is the perfect time to analyze what worked, what didn’t work and to put into action your new marketing strategies for the coming months.
Below is a Marketing Audit Checklist that we divided into three sections: branding, website and marketing. This audit will help you access your marketing initiatives and will facilitate the development of a list of actions that will positively contribute to your business success:
Branding & Design – It’s more than the looks
– Is my logo up to date and relevant? Does it represent my company today?
-Is my company story being effectively told? Does it “speak” to my target audience?
– Are my marketing materials up to date?
– Are my marketing and corporate communications materials consistent with my business identity, and immediately recognizable as belonging to my business?
– Does my sales team have the ammunition to sell my company’s products and services
– Are my referral partners equipt with what they need to send me clients?
– I am participating in conferences and tradeshows, do I have all the marketing materials I need to stand out?
– What unique selling propositions help me stand out in my marketplace?
– Is my corporate or brand image consistent with my product or service, in the eyes of my customers?
– Do I actively manage my brand, product or corporate identity?
Website – Your 24/7 company presence and online reputation
– Is my company website design up to date and relevant? Does it represent my company today?
– Is my website content and contact information up to date?
– Can my prospect clients easily find the information they are looking for?
– Does it include my most recent services and products?
– Does it have clear CTAs (call to actions)? What do I want prospective clients to do when they visit my website?
– Do I have original photos of my office or team members on my website?
– Do I have up-to-date pictures of my office or team members on my website?
– Is my company website responsive? Is it optimized to fit all screen sizes including tablets and phones? Does it work across different browsers?
– Do I have links to my company social media pages on my website?
– Do I have a blog on my website? If so, do I publish consistent and relevant blogs?
– Does my website have a backend content management system that allows me to update text and image on my own?
– Is Google analytics installed on my website? Do I have access?
Marketing – The Pandora’s Box
– Do I have a digital marketing strategy? Does it work?
– How much did I invest in marketing in the past 12 months?
– Did I keep track of the results?
– Do I feel I am getting value from my marketing budgets?
– Does my company have a social media presence? Is the information up to date?
– Is there relevant and consistent content being shared on my company’s social media channels? Am I responding to inquiries and interacting with people that liked or follow my pages? Are they engaging with my business?
– Is my social media marketing strategy generating leads?
– Is my company information up-to-date on all online listings like Google, Bing, Yelp, etc.?
– Is my website generating leads?
-Are people finding me on Google and other search engines?
– Where do my business gets most of the leads?
– Do I have a referral or loyalty program in place?
– Do I have an actual content strategy? Is my company producing and sharing articles, blogs, videos, case studies, ebooks, etc?
– Do I have an email marketing strategy? Almost 70% of consumers prefer for business to reach to them via email over other communication methods.
– Do I need more leads and customers coming to me via the web? Have I tried pay-per-click campaigns or social media advertising?
There are many items in this list and you don’t have to tackle all of them at once or by yourself. Hit the ground running this new year by putting your annual marketing strategy in place. To learn more, contact us today! We’ve helped hundreds of inspiring companies like yours achieve their business goals and objectives.